Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Former Roadster Owner
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Carbed Cars

I have a new Holley "Red" Electric Fuel Pump that I will not be using. This is a brand new pump, it was mounted to my frame, but never wired and no fuel has ever ran through it. I'm going with a bigger pump because I'm building a nasty stroker engine.

This pump has a flow rate of 97 gallons per hour and is internally regulated at 7 psi. This pump will feed a 302/351 engine nicely.

Summit's Price: $95.88
My Price: $75 and I'll pay for shipping.

Email me: [email protected]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi....I'm running a 427 windsor stroker and I think thats the pump I have? What size pump do you recommend? So far I haven't had any problems with performance(around 500 miles). I have noticed that I'm only getting around 5 to 6 psi at the carb. I do not think I can adjust the pressure on this particular pump?
Thanks, Mark

·
Former Roadster Owner
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The RED pump is a stout pump!

The Red pump may be just fine for you. It totally depends on how much fuel your engine needs. I've learned to go overkill on the fuel system, and thats my plan.--"A just in case" factor.

You are correct, you can't adjust the fuel pressure.

If your car doesn't stumble at Wide open throttle---then you are most likely "ok."

Another factor for these cars is that they are short. The pump doesn't have to work as hard to feed the engine. If it works, keep it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts