1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
You can cut a patch and JB Weld it in.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I had to "move" a hole a little in my dash, and JB welded a patch using a backing piece.

I did the same thing to secure the ignition switch in its round hole. JB welded some backing pieces to create "flat sides" in the opening, and now I don't have to worry about the ignition switch spinning in its opening.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
The blank dash from FFR is $99. Blank Dash - Factory Five Parts Catalog It would be relatively easy (and probably cheaper) to make one, but the bend on the bottom edge should ideally be made with a brake, and most home versions aren't that long.

I'm a big fan of JB Weld, and use my share. But it's hard and inflexible, and the .040 dash is relatively flexible. In flat surface bonds, it's probably OK in this application. I hope no one is just edge gluing a filler into a hole. I don't think that would last, and if failed, could show through the vinyl and padding.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.