Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know the dirrerence between the two plates and restrictions for the hobbyist plates

·
Charter Member
574 Posts
Going to be a state-by-state thing. In Ca. it used to be a fix-it ticket not to have a front plate....Now they charge. If you had a hobbyist plate, the theory here is you purposefully put on a plate that was not issued for identity purposes, so they have always ticketed for that infraction. Double if it's a "RAIDERS" plate... ;)

·
Charter Member
478 Posts
I think that, in Wisconsin, you can't drive between December 15 and March 15. The dates may be wrong, but there is some restricted time.

·
289 Posts
I just applied for my Wisconsin hobbyist plates. Seems like the way to go. It's set up for hot rods and kit cars. No emissions check, one-time registration fee and no inspection required. Just mail it in and wait for your plates to come. Other states should be so lucky.

JL

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
I think it's more of an insurance thing than a plate thing . All I know is my major concern was being sure I was covered at all times. Even when not going to a car show, parade etc etc . Inspection is NOT a bad thing it gives someone else a chance to look at the underneath to be sure nothing was missed. I'm an NC certified inspector , but I don't inspect my own cars . there is always the possibility that in the back of my mind I think ah I know its ok! Just the other day our trainee was riding in the truck and saw the wiper blade torn , get my point. Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts