Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Never-Ending Builder
5,329 Posts
I wonder what the difference would be if somebody did rods porting job to a set of cats.
Mostly a change in room mates, from your current one, to one named Bubba! It's a federal offense to mess with the CATS!

Hank

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
Hank, calm down!

I can legally port my cats since my car does not require them. I have them in place to quiet the exhaust. I can replace them with J pipes, so modifying cats is just fine.

If they are required, you are right. I believe it's a $10k fine.

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hank, i wasnt reffering to a State in which the cats are required. I was referring to those who are running cats just for the sole purpose of quieting down the exhaust. They might wish to do rods porting to gain back some power. Here in Alabama we are too stupid to have emissions regulations, so everything is fair game. Easy feller! Surely you aren't calling rod, the fabrication genius, a bubba??

·
FFR Cobra King
761 Posts
That cat looks like he's high on WD-40! I don't think he needs porting. :cool:

KC

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
I'm prety sure that even where required, modifying the flanges on a cat to adapt it to the rest of the exhaust system would not be illegal if it did not impact the actual reactor.

Mike

PS. KC, have you ever heard a cat being "ported"? It's not a pretty sight. I saw a cougar getting "ported" at the zoo once and a crowd of about 50 gathered just from all the racket!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.