Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
1,569 Posts
those are some serious machines. thanks for posting.

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
I would be hard pressed to pick a fav outta that group...besides the cobras anyway

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Wow, great video! What the heck is that light blue car at about 2:25?

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Morgan Aero 8 GT. Those wacky Brits.

Twas at a distinct disadvantage when raced against the Vipers, S7's, Porsches Listers etc.

·
Junior Charter Member
27 Posts
Originally posted by Mark Reid:
Mark,

That is the BMW V8 powered Morgan Aero8 factory GT race car

Eric

·
Senior Charter Member
6,800 Posts
Since the cars were historic I thought the blue one was the earlier Morgan Plus Eight GTR Racer.

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,427 Posts
Ahh, that McLaren Mk8, Oooooooooooooooooooooo.............

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,170 Posts
What, no GT40???

·
Senior Charter Member
1,270 Posts
If you're into vintage racing and live in the Northeast, take a look at the Rolex vintage gathering at Lime Rock over Labor Day weekend. They race them, you get to walk the track and the paddock...all for about $30 for a day. If you drive down in your roadster, they'll even give you VIP parking (usually). Check the track site for more info.

[ August 07, 2007, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: David Townsend ]

·
Charter Member
1,326 Posts
Yup - I'm with Cheap - I've seen that McLaren run at LimeRock a few times - absolutely SEX!!

Scott

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Was that a Porsche 917 early on? Like the McLaren, one of my favorites!

·
6,559 Posts
I think I've just messed myself.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,623 Posts
Thanks for the video Bob. I missed Friday night's event and that video was a close second to being there.

Anybody that hasn't been to a vintage race (don't let the name fool you), you don't know what you're missing. Besides seeing some great racing by some great cars the environment is so open to nosy spectators like me. I can't think of any other venue where you can strike up a conversation with drivers, mechanics and owners so easily and get so close to the cars that you could only see from a distance before. I get at least as much thrill from watching pre-race preps as the race itself. When you can stand next to a McLaren with a BBC putting out 1000 HP as it fires up, well my ears are still ringing and my grin still hasn't faded.

Check it out, another vintage event at RA next month.

Tom

·
Registered
900 Posts
Love those 510 Datsuns!

Great little cars, & always a riot to see them in the midst of the high-powered, big-buck rides. They surprised a lot of racers in the early 70s. Still looking for another one for my daily driver...

Best,
Matt

·
Registered
299 Posts
Originally posted by Mark Reid:
Mark, you lose 1 "brit point" for not knowing it's a Morgan. If you lose too many points, your status will drop to that of an "Essex Girl".

:D

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Was that a pair of twin E-jags Silver/black or a blip of the video?

What a great showing of cars!!

Paul M.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.