body cutouts powder coated frame
chrome roll bar rear control arms
ceramic coated pipes hood hinge & support
sun visors wind wings
chrome quick jacks seat tracks
blank dash standard seats
leather wrapped steering wheel
catalytic converters-maryland inspection sucks

I think that's everything I ordered. My pick-up date is Oct. 26.

I've noticed some of you guys are getting some of your stuff from other places, like Finish Line. Can somebody post a link to some sites with accesories, please?

I will probably be changing my options soon. After seeing some unfortunate posts, I think I will be getting the "stree performer" seats and passenger side chrome roll bar. I will also be putting a heater in mine, but forgot to order it. I'm not sure if I will use a donor or not. If I do, I'm not sure if I will buy another stang or use one of the 3 I have (actually have 4, but ones a 67 fastback). Everybody should have a decision like that to make. LOL

Do they crate the kit if you are picking it up, smae as if they ship it? I know they say there is no "crate fee" on pick-ups. I forgot to ask when ordering.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi.............Hi!

Cliff

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Congrats on your order! Some advise you can take it or leave it, you would do a lot better to sourse the chrome and ceramic plating your self. For that mater the powder coating as well. Were talking several hundred bucks right there. Here are some links for venders, one link is at the top of the page, and another with a lot of our vendors and a bunch that are not on this site. You may want to look at the thread about the big end of summer sale that starts on Monday and ends on Wednsday...lot-O-stuff.

http://www.ffcars.com/vendors.html

http://www.cobranet.com/PerfDirectory.htm

http://www.ffcars.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006226

Mike

·
Senior Charter Member
211 Posts
Did you get the $1,000 discount from FFR? I ordered mine Wed and they told me there were still some left.

·
What was I doing?
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered last monday and did get the grand off, of course they got it back in options.

Hey Mike, is money the only issue, or is quality a problem on the powder coat, chrome and ceramic? Also, thanks for the links.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
WLDHRSE
you have mail

·
What was I doing?
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any other thoughts on my order?

·
7,097 Posts
Congrats WLDHRSE. I ordered mine today! Still got the grand off. I didn't get as many options as you did. I am going to do some aftermarket stuff. Classic gauges, Tristate headers, Who knows hood hinge, etc. Looks like you pick yours up a week after me. I'll take a peek at yours while I'm there!

I'm still undecided as to whether to pick it up myself or have Stewarts deliver it. Their price went up by $200 for delivery to DE. For $700, I can rent a trailer spend the nite AND have breakfast! :(

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I'm thinking I can take a whole mini-vacation for that as well. IF!!! I can find a trailer locally to drag up there.

·
7,097 Posts
Has anyone used a U-Haul or Ryder truck to pick up their kit? If so what size truck?

·
What was I doing?
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm kinda lucky in that my father is retired and loves to travel, so he will be picking my kit up and bringing it to me. He is renting a trailer from a place local to him, Rochester NY.

U-haul might have trailers and one of there box trucks is probably a good idea. I think the short ones are like 19 ft long. That's plenty big enough I believe.

I'm still wondering if they crate the pick-up orders the same way as the orders being shipped. I have to change my options in the next couple days, so I will ask then I guess.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
i used a friends 8 by 8 snowmobile trailer and it worked fine it only hung over a little on both ends ,his two snowmobiles are heavy and he goes back and forth to canada so i figured the weight wouldnt be an issue and it wasnt,and i stuffed all the boxes in the back of the truck,up and back from nj in one day,saved a bunch....vinny

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,884 Posts
Cliff-
Congrats. FFR does a great job with the rollbar chroming and I hear the powdercoat is top notch now. I would get the heater and visors,windwings and seattracks from tristate or finishline, save some$. They do crate the kit, but its going to cost you about 350.00. The good thing is that you can use the wood from the crate for your bodybuck. I picked up mine without crate, if your putting it in a uhaul forgo the crate,it is big and quite heavy hope all goes well!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.