Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i'd say hello to everyone. I dont have a ffr model yet but once i'm done with college i'd like to purchase the new mk3 kit. Actually, I planned on taking the 3 day course at motte community college since it's an hour away from my house. Make the process go by that much faster once i get the car. Right now i have a 94z28 that's in the 12's so i'm a big car enthusiast. I'll be surfing around here trying to gather as much information as possible before i purchase my kit. Cant wait till that day comes!

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Welome, fellow snake charmer!

Seeing as how you are getting ready
some
,I've got a great "budgeting" ;) tool in the form a an excel spreadsheet. If you'd like a copy, let me know.

Here's to good friends and dancing with snakes.

·
3,760 Posts
1badz, I hate you. I detest you. Comin' out of college and buying a car as cool as an FFR?

Kids these days. I worked and slaved for 30 years out of college before I could pull it off.

Whatever... WELCOME TO THE INSANITY, FRIEND.... hope you realize I was just bustin' yer chops there. Young, single, pure babe magnet for a car...man, your are one lucky guy. ENJOY!!!

AJ

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, in all reality i'm not even sure i'll be able to afford the kit right out of college. The kits are going for 11,500 but according to the brochure i just got from them the price is supposed to go up another $1000 because of the price increase in materials they're using. I'm going to be making about $30,000 a year fresh out of college as a teacher. I dont plan on getting it done in 3 months in fact i was planning on it taking me years to build. eats m whole i'd love a copy of the spreadsheet.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,761 Posts
Hi 1badz,

I'm in Novi and have a completed MkII. If you ever want to stop by, your more than welcome. If your in the area this weekend, I'll be at Motorama with my Cobra.

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
42 or is it 43 and just now getting started on a build...been building/restoring/hot rodding card since '75...i highly recommend mott...they will show you a lot of mistakes any first time ffr builder is likely to make...welcome to the madness

·
Charter Member
1,777 Posts
Welcome to the madness, take your time enjoy the research process .. plan your build and build your plan ...

Jim

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rob, that would be awesome if i could stop by and check out your car sometime. Maybe even a ride? Now that would be awesome!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, novi is only about an hour from my house in st. clair so it wont be that bad of a trip. It'll be nice to meet some people in the michigan area that way i know who to contact if i have any questions. Maybe i'll be able to cruise down there in my z28.

·
2,332 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have you aboard.

-SGC

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Oh Shi...nikies! :eek: Did you say "School Teacher"? Did you not hear what AJ wrote: :confused:

Young, single, pure babe magnet for a car...man
Gotta song for ya bro, catch the melody as you read the words and see if that doesn't Sting Ya as the Police swarm your domocile: :(

"Young teacher, the subject of school girl fantasy. She wants him so badly, knows where she wants to be."

Yeah, in the seat of that Cobra leaving a dew spot bro!
Be careful and beware of "The Apple"

In the interim, I'd love to get you a copy of my spreadsheet so you can plan how much money you won't have to spend those Femm Fatales. Just send me a PM with your email address and off she'll go.

Here's to good friends and to keeping your head in a sea of pheromones

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, i'm gonna have to beat all those teens off with a stick if i pull up in one of these cars. Good thing by the time i finish it i'll be 30...lol. It's
really cool how friendly everyone is here. How long did it take everyone to finish their rides? What's nice is that ffr is talking about starting a payment program with the banks which would be right up my alley since i wont be making $100,000+ like i'm sure most on here do (judging by the garages with cobras,
vipers, ect).

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Ordered 08/09/04

Took delivery 08/28/04 :D
Planned a 4 mo build :rolleyes:
Am about 4 weeks and $20k
over budget from being completely road ready

(The extra 2 mo's was worth not making the 4 mo build--Buff's
a beauty)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
damn...$20k over the budget?!?! Did you decided to toss on a twin turbo with a giant as intercooler out of the blue. By the way i sent you a pm with my email adress. Post a pic of your car if you have one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts