Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MK1 that was built somewhere between 2000 and 2002. I know this is a shot in the dark, but I'm trying to come up with the paint code for the popular blue in that build period. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,688 Posts
A pic is worth 1000 words

·
Vegasjack
109 Posts
You don't say, but if your car is currently painted that color and you are trying to match it, it will be easy. Just take the car, or a door off the car and go to any (most) automotive paint supply stores and they can shoot the paint with a spectrophotometer and determine the exact color and therefore mixture. I have done it several times and it came out perfect. ,

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,688 Posts
Could be GM indego blue, that was super popular around then. It's going to fall into the GM, Lexus, Indego blue families. You can hit the local paint supply house and see of the Profit color matcher will help.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Jeff Miller painted mine with Viper Blue Pearl.

Reactions: pbohrs

·
Official OLD GUY
3,863 Posts
Looks like my "FORD Royal Blue Pearl" painted back in 2002 . . .

Doc

·
Junior Charter Member
799 Posts
Looks a little darker than my Toyota spectra blue but not as dark as Toyota indigo ink.
So maybe eliminate the Toyota/Lexus options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Senior Charter Member
311 Posts
I have an old MK 1, bought in 1998 and one the road since 2000. The paint that I have is Ford Royal Blue Pearl, KM6479. The stripes are GM Arctic White, 10.

Hope that is what yo are looking for.

George

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have an old MK 1, bought in 1998 and one the road since 2000. The paint that I have is Ford Royal Blue Pearl, KM6479. The stripes are GM Arctic White, 10.

Hope that is what yo are looking for.
George
Thanks, I have a touch up pen of Royal Blue and it is pretty close just a bit darker. Could be that the paint has weathered a bit

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Toyota/Lexus Spectra Blue is paint code 8M6 if you are interested. It has a fair amount of pearl in it. Scott

1 - 16 of 16 Posts