Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I would post a few pictures of the fender lips. Most of the time the lip are ground off when the body is made, I like to build the lip back up to give a nice finish edge to the fender. First I use West epoxy and glass cloth to build the edge, then finish it off with body filler. Just one of those small details that pays off in the end. I'm sure this has been covered before but for those that are just starting there build I hope this helps.

Ron

[ June 02, 2004, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Metal--Morphous ]

·
5,559 Posts
Ron what is that plane made out of? I know about your process, just wondering what the base material is...

Brian

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Eric I'm always trying to improve my body and paint work and when I painted Aarons cobra I noticed that the fender lips were NOT removed at the factory and after close inspection I too liked the way it looked so now I offer it to anyone interested.

Brian the pictuered plane is a mixture of wood, plastics, fiberglass and graphite. The Plane in the back ground of the #2 picture is mostly fiberglass.

Ron

·
Charter Member
483 Posts
Ron, That looks great - I see that my baby is in good hands!

When would you like to go to the paint shop to finalize the paint codes?

-John S

·
Charter Member
496 Posts
Rolling the edges on any and all fiberglass fenders is worth the effort, few will notice but most everyone will spot a glass fender on a street rod if it is'nt rolled. Looks great on the cobras too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.