Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oil leak which I suspect is the RMS (oil leaks into the bellhousing). On Saturday, my son and I tried to remove the oil pan, only to discover that it won't come off. It hits the front cross member and the explosion plate on the scattershield. Now it appears the engine has to be removed so I can remove the oil pan.

I have no motivation to R&R the engine/trans. I'm so tired of this car. I just wish someone would buy it "as is" and let me get back to a normal life.

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
I bid 40 Quatloos for the Gremlin-plauged FFR!

·
Just Glad to be here - back to working on the car
1,633 Posts
I'll trade you...even across, you bring yours to me.

·
Charter Member
692 Posts
2Fast, I'll bet this is the case with any of the 460/514 motors in these things. As soon as I got my motor in the car and saw how close the front of the oil pan was, I almost pulled the motor right back out so I could modify the cross member.

I'll bet that it's impossible to change the pan gaskets without removing the darn motor.

Hang in there buddy. Somebody's gonna make you an awefully nice offer when you get it back on the road. That thing is beautiful.

·
Charter Member
635 Posts
I've pulled the pan on my 460. The front flange hits the cross-member when I drop it straight down but tilt it down in the back and it clears. It's not fun, but it can be done.

·
Charter Member
692 Posts
That is encouraging news Dan. I was just thinking a guy could probably loosen all of the motor mount and tranny mount and try to slide the motor back a tad for a little more room too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts