Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Helpful Electrical drawings schematics

15K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Sergio 
#1 ·
I thought I would put these in one location to help those looking for electrical wiring information. My thanks to those who posted these over the years.

See less See more
#4 ·
Epi...
They are a thing of beauty! Don't forget the Lucas diagrams :)

Moderator, these get my vote to be put in the FAQ area.

c

#6 ·
Now this is good stuff....I had some of them but not all.

We need a central place for this kind of thing!

Thanks a lot!

#9 ·
Those are some pretty good diagrams! its interesting how more modern ecu make it unnecessarily complicated.

#10 ·
These should be added to achives, very nice

#11 ·
Turn Signal alternative

Here is a drawing of my turn signal circuit . . . for those who want to have all four lights for brakes and both upper and lower for turn signal.
Easily adaptable to toggle switch or turn signal module mounted on steering volumn. Enjoy . . . questions, pm me.

Doc

#12 ·
I think this is shown wrong:
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p277/KevinMast/headlightwiringmos.jpg

The power from the headlight switch feeds the dimmer switch. The dimmer switch will have one wire for low and one wire for high beam each feeding terminal 86 on the low/high beam relays. The headlights would then be fed off of terminal 87, again, high and low) If you wire as shown, it would work, but you lose the benefit of the 2nd relay, right? So to make this correct, the dimmer switch needs to be moved down to the T in the 'Yellow' wire, then a 'Yellow' would come from the top of the dimmer to Terminal 86 of the top relay for 'High' beam. A Yellow wire would come from the bottom to Terminal 86 of the bottom relay for 'Low' beam. Erase the 'Red' wire from Terminal 87 of the bottom relay and connect the 'Blue' from the 'Low' beam headlight there.

So, after going back and looking at the original wiring, it would work that way, you are basically eliminating the 2nd battery feed that would be necessary to the 2nd relay with the 'Red' wire from 87 to 30. I think I get it now. Carry on.

#13 ·
Moderators, when this is finished could you place in the FFR FAQ area as one more help for us "electron disadvantaged"?

#18 ·

I used this daigram to run wires to the FFR supplied ignition switch. I made an isolated terminal block to run the wires to and from there I ran only the four specific wires to the ignition switch.

#20 ·
Another vote for FAQ. I think I used at least half of these over the years :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.