Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Charter Member
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 427W with a "chevy" style starter meaning no starter solonoid. Here is my problem. There is one post on the starter for the "start" wire and the other is for everything else... alternator wire, main 12v source for the fuse box, positive battery cable, and the MSD wire. My post on the starter will not accomodate all these wires. It is not long enough. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there some adapter that can be used to fix the issue. I am REAL close to starting up the engine if I can overcome some minor obstacles.

Thanks for any advise.

Ted

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts
Not sure if this would work but could you mount a positive cable isolator stud. (Like the kind people use in the truck to jump the battery if needed) Mount all the wires on that and then a single big cable to the starter for power?
I would think any stud that is isolated from ground would work.

Or you could toake the starter to a rebuild shop and ask them to install a longer stud. Shouldn't be much for that....

Just a thought.

[ February 03, 2004, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Cobra Cory ]

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
Charter Member
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Cory, good ideas. I may see about making the stud longer. That way I can avoid running wires all over. I appreciate the feedback.

Ted

·
Registered
122 Posts
I used the same starter on my 393. I have a friend that owns a car quest store, when I bought the starter he gave me another box with a relay and harness in it. The power from the ing. switch trips the relay which sends power from the battire direct to the starter. It says in the directions it helps the starter even with low voltage from the ing. switch, it also gave me more places to connect main power wires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.