Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Charter Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone forward the info on the kit car title legislation that the State of TN passed in March? I was contacted today by the Dept of Revenue and they intend to title my FFR as a 2007. He is looking into the changes but asked me to send him any info I could. I cannot find any record of the TN legislation. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
Charter Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anybody else from TN seen the legislation for March that I did? Any reference help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Robert

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
I haven't seen it yet. Mines registered as a 2005. Pete

·
Charter Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help. I still have not found the info but tomorrow is a new day and I can work some other angles to find it.

Thanks.

Robert

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Rob,

Seems if you title in Knoxville everything goes out the window for some reason. You can get it done as a 1965.

Let me search back in the South East Forum for contact numbers in Nashville.

·
Charter Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Frank,
Thanks for the help. I went to Madisonville and applied for title. Of course it went to Nashville and now I have a Dan Bowman with the Dept. of Revenue telling me that he does not see a way to title the car except as a 2007. He is not being nasty, but I cannot find the legislation info that was voted on in March changing the law. He said he would work with me if I can help him find the info. He did say he would be in Nashville this week and would try to get clarification on this issue. He had just titled a Shamrock in Meigs county last week as a 2007.I guess that I am too deep into this to reapply in Knoxville? Anyway, thanks for your help. I will live through this too.

Thanks.

Robert

·
Charter Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a note for Tennessee on Registration:
Tennessee, 1 1/2 to 2 yrs ago, adopted a policy that kit cars or specially constructed cars, are to be titled as the year they are completed and assigned a VIN number. The year assignment is consistent with the VIN number assigned to the car. Looks like we have our work cut out for us if we want these cars titled as anything other than the year they are completed.

Thanks for the help. It has been an eye opening experience. I guess I will have a 2007 FFR after all.

Robert

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts

·
Charter Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dan,
Thanks,now I can rest. I was not crazy!! Thanks for the help! It does appear that the proposal did not pass due to pressure from state groups that did not want to give up their power.

Thanks.

Robert

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.