Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my coil over kit today. It has no instructions. Can someone post a copy?

Also, I want to swap out springs. Do I just call Pro Shock and tell them I want some 450# springs?

Thanks!

Bill

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
i too just ordered the rear coil over option, they shipped them to me on the 15 of this month, guess they will show up anyday. I am running the regular coilovers in the front, should i swap out my rears? The car will be street driven. Also, can someone e-mail those instructions too just incase....

Eric

·
FFCobra Craftsman
750 Posts
Bill, I spoke to Jim Bailey at Pro Shocks 770 995 6300 - nice guy - and he said it would be no problem to swap as long as mine were not scratched and stuff. Also note the 10" springs are available up to 500 lbs. , after that, you have a choice of 8" or 9", I'm going with the 8".

From the sounds of it Pro Shock is going to get swamped with requests to swap.

For any Canucks thinking about swapping it's going to cost you a small fortune in shipping, brokerage fees and taxes (about $100 when all said and done. My are boxed and ready to go out tomorrow.

Take care,

·
Super Moderator
29,434 Posts
I have the rear coil-over instructions, but they are at home presently. I can fax them tomorrow if that's acceptable. Send your fax # to my email address and I will fax you the instructions.

-Keith

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,076 Posts
Argh, I guess this is common. I'm about to start that step on my kit, and found I also have no instructions.

Anyone have a scan of them they can email me?

Better question, why doesn't FFR have this stuff up on their site in PDF?

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2FAST4U:
I have the rear coil-over instructions, but they are at home presently. I can fax them tomorrow if that's acceptable. Send your fax # to my email address and I will fax you the instructions.

-Keith
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keith - did you get my email with the fax number?

Thanks!

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I would like a copy as well. Thanks Tom

·
Super Moderator
29,434 Posts
I faxed a set to Bill and to Ray. Did you get them??

-Keith

·
7,705 Posts
Got the fax. Thanks.

Can anyone provide me with the measurements for the spacers? The spacers for the front coil overs were 0.43 and 0.62 inches. Are the rear spacers the same???

Thanks,

Ray

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric 427 Shelby:
Bill, can you scan and e-mail them to me?

Eric
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They won't scan well. it would be better to have Keith fax them. My copy is a faxed copy.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can somebody post them, maybe scan them and post as a jpg or something? I'd like a copy, if someone can fax them I'll scan and post them. Fax# 781-768-0750, Rick Lyons

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,253 Posts
Is someone faxes it to me I can make a .pdf file for everyone to have and share.

FX#: 210.522.5429
attn: Ryan Logan

·
Super Moderator
29,434 Posts
My computer has been down until just now. Does anyone still need a fax copy?

Keith

·
Charter Member
132 Posts
In step 7 do not use that hole go to the inside of that bracket toward the pumpkin and approx. 1" up from the bottom or top I can't remember which and in the center drill a new 3/8" hole and bolt the strap on there and it will not hit your shock.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts