Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other night, driving home from Napa about 10:30 PM. Weather was pretty chilly. After about 1/2 mile, FFR5004 just died; pulled to the roadside. All electrical was still working, car turned over fine. After a few tries, it started again. Same thing happenned two more times within a mile on the way home, but finally made the kast 15 miles without a hitch.

Thought of the TFI, but surely the engine was not hot enough?

When I got home, I checked the fuel pressure: when I turn the key on, the fuel pump fires up, then cloicks off as usual, but the fuel pressure drops from about 42 to 0 in about 5-6 seconds. With engine running at idle, FP stays steady a ~42.

Any ideas? I was at less than 1/2 tank of gas and I'm pretty sure that the donor tank baffle is broke because when I make long, wide right-hand turns (with 1/2 tank or less) under acceleration (highway entrance ramps), I loose power temporarily. But the other night, I was on straight street in town going only about 30 mph, very little load.

·
Banned
7,701 Posts
Bad Fuel Pressure Regulator? Are you using the donor FPR? Mine started going south on me, but it manifested itself in the form of hard starts. No start on first attempt, but 2nd attempt would fire right up. Mine never died while driving, though.

Check all your grounds, too. Maybe a loose ground.

·
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, sounds like a ground issue to me also. New (1-1/2 years....doesn't necessarily rule it out, though) BBK FPR with gauge. I'm going to order a new tank and will double check all when I have access. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Dale
my donor fuel pump died a couple of weeks ago. "Warnings" like loss of power for a few seconds, a couple of times it would not keep running at idle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.