Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
cap'n hook
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first pic is what I have installed on my MK 3.1 Roadster. I have the wilwood peddle box.
20200731_130206.jpg
20200731_130155.jpg
The second was in with the rest of my powder coated panels which were done over a decade ago. What are the different holes in both panels for?

Jim

·
Registered
797 Posts
I believe the powder coated panel you're showing is for donor mustang and unfinished panel is for wilwood pedal box

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Yup, what he said!

On the powder coated panel the extra hole above the steering shaft I believe is for the donor master cylinder. The extra hole at the top of the unfinished panel is for your clutch cable.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
The answers are correct. Your installed panel is for a donor pedal box and the master cylinder mounted on the front of the footbox. That's what the extra hole is for. The other is for a build with the Wilwood pedal box where the master cylinders are inside the footbox. With one caveat though. Factory Five changed the mod they used on the Wilwood pedal box to pull the clutch cable directly in line with the clutch pedal rather than off to the side. I think the clutch cable hole in your panel may be the older (and undesirable...) design.

·
cap'n hook
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks guys! I just wanted to confirm, it's been a while!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts