Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Whese should the exhaust exit on the GT33?

• Center rear exit, no diffuser

Votes: 33 76.7%
  • Side exit, under the frame, with FGT diffuser in the rear

Votes: 10 23.3%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like LK's new rear exit exhaust. But since we are trying to stick to a Ford GT themed GT33, we planned on using a rear diffuser from a Ford GT. If we do that, we can't use a center exhaust.

Help us pick the exhaust exits...

Bill

·
7,861 Posts
Bill I actually like the look of the exhaust under each tail light. I will give that up though for the convienence of a bolt in rear exhaust
Mike

·
Junior Charter Member
709 Posts
What does the FGT diffuser look like installed?

·
Junior Charter Member
709 Posts
Don't think the diffuser has anything in common with a 33 Roadster

·
Registered
391 Posts
I prefer the spread tailpipes, but I'm going to buy Lang's setup, just to make my life a little easier. So part of me wants to say do the center style setup, to help Lang hit the 25 units so he can do a production run, but...

Since you are doing a GT theme on the car, I'd stick with your original plan.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,655 Posts
Use Lang's system but switch the round tips for rectangular.

Olli

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
I am with Ollie use the LK set up, swap the tips and move them so they come out above the diffuser, through the body if need be. JMHO, cheers Richard.

·
6,330 Posts
Bill,
Maybe this will help you. This is the Hot Rod 5 day build at Knotts. I like this look and it sounded greaaat.

Frank

·
5,559 Posts
I love the center style exhaust too. I would ditch the diffuser, or change the tips like Olli suggested. Personally, I don't like the diffuser on this ca, though. Scale is all wrong inmo.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
4,241 Posts
The difuser just doesn't look right.... I know you guys have a theme.... But the rounded and curved back of the roadster doesntt go with the Straight lines of the difuser. Your eye goes right to that difuser and to me says what is that! Just my opinion....

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK Wayne, the tribe has spoken.... rear exhaust.

I'll get it ordered from Lang.

Bill

·
Registered
566 Posts
Check out the Diffuser Panel I designed, it's about half way down on the thread page. Diffuser A1E or Diffuser A2E.
http://www.ffcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237167
Just a thought :)

I was going to name my design project GT-33, but since you (Bill) already named your's that, I guess I will have to come up a different name. Mine is more on the look then the engine though.

David

·
Registered
457 Posts
I guess I'm late to the game but If you're completely married to the GT40 theme then you should have those tail pipes coming out of the center in the middle of the body above the diffuser and between the tail lights (Richard suggested it too).

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I have been trying to order a set from Lang and I see he posted that he is looking for 25 people to commit so he can place an order. Im not sure who is going to organize this. count me in 24 to go.
Andre

1 - 18 of 18 Posts