Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
New
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my wife and i have been trying to post graduation pictures, read some posts and can't fogure it out. Can some one help me with a simple way to post pictures. I envy you guys that can post as your building. Thanks Mike

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Do you have a Photobucket account? Upload them into Photobucket and then paste the link in your thread

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Photobucket is a picture and video hosting website. You create an account and upload pictures and videos

·
Registered
938 Posts
I can't help but chuckle every time someone posts this exact question...they just built a freaking CAR and they can't post a silly picture on the forums.

Its not that I am making fun of them...it took me a while to "get it" too.....but the irony is really funny for me.

I can't find it anymore but I actually did a whole "how to" on the subject about a year ago. I think I might have put it inside someone elses thread where they asked how to do it...thats why I can't find it as one of my own threads. Darn.

-Michael

·
Registered
938 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
That is how I've been doing it, but how do you do the thumbnail-other window thing?

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
That is how I've been doing it, but how do you do the thumbnail-other window thing?
If you're using Photobucket, once you upload the picture, each one has two IMG links by it. One labeled "IMG code" and the other "IMG thumb." "IMG code" causes the picture as posted in Photobucket to be displayed in FFCars. But be careful. If the picture is a larger resolution (e.g. as it came from the camera) it could create a very large picture in the forum post, which takes longer to download and can be awkward to view. If you use "IMG thumb" it will create a small thumbnail in your post that readers can click and open the picture in a separate window. In either case, use the preview post button to check before posting.

Posting pictures is harder to describe than to actually do, once you get the hang of it.

·
Junior Charter Member
27 Posts
Michael,
Thank you for posting this question as I have been procrastinating getting photos of my finished car on the site due to a few reasons but this is one of them.
Chris

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.