Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I tried starting my engine today and It doesn't seem to start,

It ran for about 15 seconds then it stopped (running really rough), and now it won't start again,

I checked TDC for no 1 and I think I'm ok, The oil had been primed,Since it ran I should have a spark,

the engine is a 351 EFI and on the computer I get 2 codes, 85 51, one is a coolant sensor and the other is fuel pressure that is to high which is normal(running a blower also), nothing else

all the enviroment sensors are plugged but with no hoses to them,

I tried moving the distributor around without any success still won't start, timing was set at 0 initially and is supposed to be at 36 degres.

So I'm asking for your help, does anyone has a suggestion on what could be the problem ?

Nick

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
If you are getting a coolant temp sensor, that could be your problem. If the PCM doesn't see proper ECT, then it will be putting the wrong amounts of fuel in for your actual engine temp. It probably ran for 15 seconds because there is a startup fuel adder table in the PCM that's on a countdown timer and once it kicked off, the PCM isn't putting the right amount of fuel in. Check that for sure.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks,

That was the problem,and I got it to work my Fuel regulator was flooding the engine

Nick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts