Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FFR #2084K is getting a new body this summer, and I decided to go with the rectangular tail lights. The cut outs our done, and the paint is on. NOW I notice that the new rectangular tail lights have no reflector behind the bulb. For that matter, there is nothing behind the bulb at all to keep dirt off the bulb and the inside of the lense. I looked at the Finishline site and verified that their picture of the rectangular tail light looks exactly like mine.

This can't be right. Something is missing.

Anybody out there solved this mystery already?

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
4,481 Posts
I made a plate out or 1/4" aluminum to no only seal the back but to be able to use two bulbs per light. I seperated the upper and lower portions of the lense with reflective tape and now have seperate turn and brake light bulbs.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,042 Posts
I can tell you that at Spring Fling there was many close calls because of these tail lamps! The retangular brake and tail lamps are very dim. We run with a couple of Superformance cars and you need to be very careful if they are in front of you.
Jeff Hamilton

·
FFCobra Fanatic
394 Posts
Hey Wade, I had the same problem, so I built small rectangular boxes out of some scrap .040" aluminum sheet. Just made3 them large enough to fit over the back of the light and left 2 tabs on the ends that have holes for the mounting studs to hold them on. Now the bulbs are protected and the taillights are really bright and noticable. Hope this helps, Your Friend BenC

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Wade Check with Superformance, I here that there tail lights have two bulbs per side. I don't know if they have a reflective backing, but I here they are easier to see than the single bulb ones like I have from Finish Line.

Check out this thread at Club Cobra.

I hope this helps.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks very much for the help. I'll report back when I have it done... With pictures...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts