Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Charter Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Moderators, please leave this here if possible. This forum gets the most coverage. Thank you.)

My wife has a friend who for health reasons has had to sell everything she owns and move to Arizona. She is of very modest means (she has nothing). And has a 14 year-old son.

My wife received a call from her today and the friend is extremely depressed and down because she says "the people in the town she hoped to live in, Lake Havasue, say it is a "party town" and, in essence, not suitable for her and her son." Her words not mine.

Anybody in Arizona know if this is true and, if so, do you have any recommnedations as to where she should consider living. She is living in a motel at the moment and is desperate.

Thanks,

Jerry

·
Junior Charter Member
1,506 Posts
Lake Havasue is a party town during spring break which is around 2 or 3 weeks out of the year. It is the place to be for college students to go party during that time. Otherwise, I understand it is a nice place the rest of the year. She could always move to Phoenix or one of the surrounding cities such as Gilbert, Anthem, Suprise, Peoria or Glendale. If she likes high country with wooded areas and cooler tempatures she could look around in northern Arizona. Flagstaff and Payson come to mind up that direction.

Hope this helps,

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
Jerry,

If you search the internet on 'lake havasu' you will learn a ton. It's definitely a place that for the Summer months, is a boating party for sure.

It's not some place that I think 'she thinks' it is.

Having said that, my parents live in Prescott, AZ.

There's living for the wealthy or modest in Prescott and it's a really awesome place.

It would be on the top of a very short list of retirement places for me.

Hope that helps.

R :D

·
Junior Charter Member
21 Posts
Hi, I live in Havasu and I like it here but I like to party. This area of Arizona (western Mohave county) has a pretty serious methamphetamine problem so I wouldn't recommend raising a teenager here who has to be cool to fit in. I think it's all a matter of who mom and son will be hanging out with. If she's in one of the motels here in town she definately is seeing the worst side of Havasu. That's where the tweakers live and where alot of the wilder "out of towners" stay. If they stay away from the motels, skatepark and the London Bridge Channel on weekends and holidays they probably wouldn't notice. It's a retirement community mostly. My wife is a teacher I'm a pharmacist and there are alot of good families that we see here.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Jerry
Can she work and if so, what sort of work does she do? Maybe someone might know of the job situation in their particular town.
If she's interested in coming to Tucson, tell her to stay on the east or north side of town. I wouldn't recommend her son going to school in another area.
PM me if her situation is too personal for the forum.
Larry

·
Charter Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much for your feed back. You folks are a blessing.

Larry, I will have my wife speak with her later today and get more information for you.

Jerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts