Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I recently acquired a 460 truck engine of unknown era. I looked at the heads for a casting number, but the pad is blank. The engine block is missing them from where it shows in my overhaul books. I do have the calibration code from the valve cover and a general description. The code is: DL 492 BA , the engine wears gray paint, was carbureted, has oem fuel pump block-off plate, v-groove pullies, and has an external offset balance weight right behind the harmonic balancer. Any help or step to the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Jon

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Jon, that's a late model EFI motor, 88-96 vintage. The intake looks like it takes a carb, but it had a 90 degree plenumn that bolted to teh intake, and then had the TB on the other end that faced forward. The heads are complete junk, but you should have no problems building the short block to something nice. Just make sure you keep the flywheel matched to the counterweight with the balancer, or you'll have a shakey engine (been there). Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.