Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already ordered FF's EHPS system and am trying to sort out the correct rack for my needs....I'm planning on both open track days and autocrossing and street cruising too.

Looks like my choices in Autozone racks are #6439 2.5 or #64163 at 2.25. Is the 2.25 too quick for high speed work? Is the 2.5 a good comprimise between low speed and high speed.

Is there a right (or better answer)?

Thanks,

Ken

·
Registered
739 Posts
You may want to consider the ARG rack, if you can allocate the extra $. They take a mustang rack and tweak it specially for the light roadster. It has a larger torsion bar and some adjustments to the spool valve, which gives a heavier steering feel and makes the steering less twitchy. Having driven various 80s and 90s mustangs more than 200k miles, I would say the rack needs some work to give a descent feel. Especially on a car which you are considering giving some track time.
Ford Applications - AGR Performance - MB Motorsports

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have the 15:1 AGR rack. It is 2.75 turns lock to lock. I was told by a couple of board members that they really liked it. I havent finished the install yet. I am still waiting on some parts.

If you go this route and need to know exactly what parts are involved let me know.....Myself and a few others can help you spend some money! You WILL need rack extenders from FFR for the AGR rack.

·
Not a waxer
12,096 Posts
I do lots of auto-x and track time (including the high speed oval at Gateway International) with the 2.25 rack and am quite happy with it. I've recently heard a report that the actual ratio of the 2.5 and 2.25 racks may be the same just that the 2.25 has travel limiters. I've never had the two side by side to verify if this is so.

Jeff

·
Registered
788 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.