Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying for my first start and nothing. Not even a click after the fuel pump cycled. I’m using an AAW harness and ignition switch with a chucks dieted EFI harness. I have checked every ground including the starter, block, solenoid etc. I had bench tested the starter some time ago and it works fine. I have power at the solenoid and the starter. I’ve attached the diagram I used to wire them. I installed the EFI power wires to the left side (battery side) of the solenoid. Is this wrong? I’m at a total loss. Thank you in advance

·
Senior Charter Member
1,766 Posts
Are you getting power to the small terminal of the solinoid when the key is rotated to start position??

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ll test the terminal of the solenoid in the start position when I get home today. Currently I have not wired in a clutch safety switch and I confirmed I have ground on the “ford solenoid”.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If your harness has a provision for a clutch switch, ie a connector, you may have to jump the two wires to close the circuit. You can also try jumping power from the battery cable to the solenoid wire going down to the starter. Make sure you're in neutral.

·
Snake Farmer
10,297 Posts
If you have it wired as the diagram shows it should crank. There will always be power (hot) to the starter wired that way, but the solenoid on the starter triggers the starter to spin, once it is sent power, via the small wire coming from the remote solenoid.
There have been some pretty poor quality remote solenoids on the market, so it's not impossible you have one that failed right out of the box. That is easy to check though, Just hook up a test light to the right post (as per the diagram), and to ground. When you turn the ignition to the start position the light should come on. If notn the solenoid is faulty, or, possibly your ignition switch is wired incorrectly, or is faulty. Some of the ignition switches from FFR had issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts