Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to force things so I'll ask first. The output of my TKO600 looks like it has two rubber seals. The inner seal has splines molded into it like it fits the splines of the output shaft.
Do I need to remove this inner rubber piece before I slide in the shaft of the drive shaft? I tried pulling it out gently and no luck. I didn't want to mess something up. I'll also ask Mike Forte.

Mike M.

·
The Never-Ending Builder
5,329 Posts
Do I need to remove this inner rubber piece before I slide in the shaft of the drive shaft?
Yes, just pull it out with a pair of needle nose pliers, just pull one side a little then the other, it will come right out.

Hank

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Dont go in dry use some assembly lube or trans fluid on the mating parts your seals will thank you,

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
You can also just push the driveshaft in and the seal will slide further down the tailshaft and deeper into the trans with no harm. This is a shipping plug and all they do on the assembly line is jamb the drivedshaft in and push the plug in with the shaft.

Otherwise, if it will bother you knowing it is there you can carefully grab it and pull it off the tailshaft...

HTH...
Mark

·
Self Proclaimed Genius
118 Posts
Huck,
If you want to sell that spline plug seal, I will buy it from you. I need one and haven't been able to find it. If you want to sell it, send me a PM and I'll give you my address and we can make arrangements.

Thanks!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,378 Posts
I'll look to see if I still have mine. No cost.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Robert, E-mail sent.

Mike M.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts