Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today i got my t-5 tranny in and i was wondering if anyone knows what clutch will work best with a 400 hp 302. how do i find out what spline it is?

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,785 Posts
If you have a T5 it's 1 1/16" 10 spline. Unless your racing, the FFRP King cobra clutch will probably be fine.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what would be a good street clutch but also good if i wanted to go to the track to drag ..

·
Junior Charter Member
916 Posts
If it will fit ,CENTERFORCE,I love mine.

P/S How is that T5 treating you???

Later
Bart

·
Premium Member
18,135 Posts
I've been using a CenterForce clutch for a few years. Works pretty good, easy to drive on the street. Seems to take a fair amount of abuse. I did smoke it last year when I was at the drag strip on a really hot day. It smelled a little, and chattered for a while.

·
1,752 Posts
Rob,

Congratulations on post #400. I'd go with Gordon's choice of the King Cobra. The pressure plate is a little stiffer than the heavy duty version. Might be a little tough on the left leg if you spend a lot of time in traffic though. We've got the heavy duty version in our car. It's the same disc as the King Cobra, just not as stiff on the pressure plate. I've go carted the car and it works fine.
Did you ever get the Bad Shoe Productions DVD to work? Let me know.

Thanks

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts