Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm Richard, and thanks for the add.

I've wanted to build a car since I was 15 or 16 and now finally have the time and resources to do it. And more importantly, I just got permission from the DW (dear wife) to pull trigger on a Roadster. So I will order one after a few more things are learned and decisions made. I really have only two hold ups right now. First and most pressing is to determine options and what components are most frequently upgraded on the kit itself. The second obstacle is a place to build it, which will be resolved once a new garage is completed in August/September.

Anyway, I'm a Mechanical Engineer by degree and live near Myrtle Beach, SC. My wife and I are both excited about the build and look forward to learning all I can from the thousands of helpful posts and member expertise provided here.

Thanks again!

RB

·
Junior Charter Member
2,420 Posts

·
Actual builder now!
1,466 Posts
Welcome Richard. You came to the right place. The forum was (and continues to be) an invaluable resource to me during my build. Great group of people. And yes we love spending other peoples money but when it comes down to it no two are alike and options are totally up to you. My philosophy was to upgrade things that can be upgraded later...later. Otherwise the spend spirals out of control. But if your budget is large I would recommend shiny things and horses LOL.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Welcome! There are a lot of guys who will help you spend your money.There are many options. First you have to decide on how you are going to drive the car. Street,drag,road race.When you decide on that ,many of the options are eliminated.I drove my car on the street, but liked to drag race once in a while. I stayed with the four bar system. Much stronger for that.Over 15 years and no breakages . Good luck Roger

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome! I ordered a MKIV yesterday for a mid Sept. Arrival. Mike Forte is providing the engine and tranny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts