Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Nemo Quod Non Habit
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am a new "convert" to Factory Five's cars. I had always wanted to build one but never could really justify it or rationalize it. I currently own an '83 Mustang 5.0 and I enjoy it very much. The drawback is that many in the area that I live also have them too. In my quest for individuality I started looking into FFR's kits. I liked what i saw but I couldn't swing the price tag and I was too impatient too wait/save so I remained focused on the mustang. But yesterday a life changing event occured.

I got a ride in a co-worker's FFR Cobra. Explatives aside, it was life altering fun. He had a 300hp carb'd 351W with a mid-shifted Tremec behind it and a spooled 3.27:1 8.8" axle spinning wide BFG Radial T/A's. The roar of those sidepipes and the wind in my hair at speeds we won't say was more than enough to solidify my passion to build and own one of these cars. Up until this point I had been searching this bbs for ideas and answers to questions. Now that I jumped off the fence I decided to register.

So I look forward to meeting all of you and when i get mine purchased and built you will be the first to hear about it.

Paul

·
Registered
390 Posts
STANMAN, I think you're about 7 miles from me, come on over I got one done, a rolling coupe and a classic cobra all in the garage. Give me a call and get over here.

Dave
507-789-4672

·
Registered
272 Posts
HHHEEELLLLLLOOO!!!

i'm fairly new too (few months) welcome!!!

i see we are at the same stage in our build life

-Jim

·
Just Glad to be here - back to working on the car
1,633 Posts
Welcome, welcome. You picked one hell of a day to jump in the pond. You sound like a swimmer though.

So have a great time and ask away we're here to help.

·
Cobra Colorist
5,632 Posts
WELCOME STANMAN!! I take a little getting used to...or not :D stick around, I'll grow on ya...I'm a fungi...I mean fun guy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Man, are you one sorry sucker for getting involved here. :D :D You hook up with these guys, and they'll spend ALL your money for ya. Every time I turn around, one of tehse guys has the newest cool thing I've just GOTTA have.

To be fair, the REAL reason I ordered a FFR instead of one of those "other" cars is this group. They couldn't be more helpful and friendly. Glad to see you here.

So this mushroom walked into a bar and ordered a drink. The bartender said, "We don't serve your kind here." The mushroom got a sad expression on his face and replied, "Why not? I'm a fungi."

All the best,
Tag

·
Nemo Quod Non Habit
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Tag-I hear ya. I get sick with the 'better than' flu alot. Everytime I get it I have to get something better than I got. Aren't we all fungi on some level? Good Joke.

j.miller-ever done a cobra body with that Colorshift paint? How much extra doe sit add to the cost of a conventional paint job? I think that would look awesome. I have seen a few muscle cars with it and it blows me away each time I see it.

Dave- I will be workin' the until the middle of next week. I'll try to give you a call or shoot you a PM and we can set up a time to get together. I would really like to see your cars.

Thanks again,

Paul

·
Just Glad to be here - back to working on the car
1,633 Posts
Stanman - If you have to ask the BAT how much it costs, you can't afford it. They do look cool but the price can be out of sight.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Stanman

there is a car with that paint job on it

i forgot where i saw it

i think on this forum in the double venom spring fling 2 or 3 pictures section.

take a look!

·
Nemo Quod Non Habit
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again guys.

Rocket Scientist- I probably couldn't afford it. But I find that it is best to dream big and then whittle that dream down until you get what you are satisfied with.

Cobra79- Thanks for the tip.

By the way, I also recieved my first sidepipe burn that same day I rode in that cobra. We pulled into his garage and without thinking I stepped out and OUCH! It isn't bad but it served as a good reminder about how the cobra is race first creature comforts somewhere down the list. Now I am certain the wife will be burning herself all the time and never want to ride in it.

Later,

Paul

·
Premium Member
18,449 Posts
Actually, the passengers learn fast.
Shirley has never burned herself.
Ceramic thermal coating helps keep the temp down somewhat, too. (but still burns)

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Welcome...we like newbies!
That way, we can tell them our build stories all over again. :D

·
Nemo Quod Non Habit
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rip- I like a good story. I will just have to live vicariously through them for the time being.

Larry- I would plan on Jet-Hot coating the entire exhaust anyway. At least from a performance standpoint.

Paul

·
18,090 Posts
Another Cobra-Addict from the great state of Minnesquito! Welcome aboard!!

·
1,123 Posts
Welcome and I am sure that FFR looks forward to another satisfied customer!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts