Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new 65 Coupe-R build. Some of you might have seen me trolling around and asking a bunch of questions. I'm working on figuring out the last few questions to make sure the R will work for how I plan to use it. I'm planning on doing some track days and a little driving around town. Planning on doing a Coyote / T56 build. Not new to these things. I have a Cobra replica from another brand that I've had for 19 years. Used to do a lot of track days with it.

Any advice and thoughts are appreciated. Really interested in people's experience with the R version and all of the spoilers and such (both on and off the track). I'm open to building the regular version and using it as a track car, but I really like the R version with the added safety and aero options.

·
Super Moderator
29,434 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome from Stafford. Just took my roadster to NC for body/paint.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I took it to WhitbyMotorcars.com They do a lot of FFR's great work but long wait times. Right now they are quoting 18-24 months. My friend/neighbor had his done there several years ago and it still looks great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took it to WhitbyMotorcars.com They do a lot of FFR's great work but long wait times. Right now they are quoting 18-24 months. My friend/neighbor had his done there several years ago and it still looks great.
18-24 months! Business is good!

·
Registered
599 Posts
They also can paint your body while you are building your car which can shorten the wait time a lot.
JR

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They also can paint your body while you are building your car which can shorten the wait time a lot.
JR
Ah, great pro tip! I was figuring that I had to wait until I got the body mounted and lined up the various panels and doors before paint (which I assume came later in the process).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to everyone on here who have been answering all of my questions. I got my car ordered today. ETA is late June / early July. Can't wait!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts