Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just picked up my first cobra and am excited to join the forum. From the little I know about my car, it is a MK I with IRS. I have tons of questions and I'll do my best to search out answers before I ask them in the forum!

·
Official OLD GUY
3,872 Posts
Welcome to the F5 family . . . tell us more about your car, it's very nice looking.
You have come to the right place to get answers. If you are not aware, there is another forum also available: thefactoryfiveforum.com Both are frequented by mostly the same people.

Doc

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'll just echo what Big Blocker said and add that the "Factory Five Builder" group on Facebook has been very active lately.
Welcome to the madness!

·
Super Moderator
29,455 Posts
Welcome to the madness. Car is beautiful. Congrats!

·
Junior Charter Member
840 Posts
Welcome and awesome car!

What seats are those?
Doe they have headrests?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I took a bit to get back to you! I’m very excited about the car. I’m honestly not sure if it is an MK I or II, but I had some help figuring out more about the car. Here is what I know:

• Engine is aKeith Craft 331 Stroker
  • EFI 80 mm throttle body
  • 30 lb injectors
  • Trick Flow Intake
  • Afr Heads
  • Waldron 255 pump
  • 9 quart oil pan

• Mike Forte HD 3:73 IRS locker rear end
  • Tranny HD T5
  • Center Force Dual Clutch
  • Flaming River 18:1 rack

- It also have 4 wheel disc with cobra front brakes. Not sure about the back

- It also has four wheel coil overs but I haven’t put it up on the lift to check them out yet.

So I just met with a shop that is going to weld in a passenger roll bar for my wife (she is a little concerned with the lack of safety). While they are at it they are going to weld in some side impact/stiffing bars. I know this will do little in a big crash but I think it is worth doing for a little piece if mind lord forbid it goes sideways or if I do a track day.

The shop also said they will do the 315 mod for me and repaint any of the frame that has chipped away in the 17,000 miles it’s been on the road.

Do you guys have any suggestions of other work I or the shop should do during this process?

To answer the questions, I live in Perkiomenville near Pottstown and am excited to learn from other cobra owners in the area.

I am actually replacing the seats with some clubmans so I can have the submarine strap. They appear to be roadster sets that the previous owner attached a head rest to.

Also, I have no idea what the push button next to the radio is or what this knob that doesn't turn in the glove box is, any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also the car was previously owned by Gerry who was in the Pittsburg area who unfortunately passed away a couple years ago. Not sure if he was active on the forum.

·
Junior Charter Member
840 Posts
Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts