Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back from Nawlins for my nephew's wedding. Lost luggage and delayed flights both directions. Wife almost went to the wedding in jeans. Both of us were (and still are) down for the count with colds. Delayed flight from NO to Philly Monday night, missed our connection to Newark. Not one single hotel room or rental car left in Philly. Slept in an airport chair. Got up at 5:00 a.m., found a car for a one-way rental to Newark, only had to bribe the guy fifty bucks. Drove home guzzling coffee and grazing the occasional snowdrift just to stay awake. Her luggage came in yesterday, the search continues for mine.

Good to be back. Now, having been off the forum since Thursday, I feel like I'm five days behind on my homework.

Think I'll go take a nap. :cool:

AJ

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Ah, you got the full Philly treatment, huh? Told you we don't like you Jersey folks invading our space. Next time, fly direct into NJ and stay there!! :D

Hope you had a good trip to the Big Easy. Or at least the parts you remember.

Steve

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,318 Posts
AJ,

Glad to hear you had such a good time! Hopefully, you didn't just take a LONG ride both ways! lol...

Actually, sorry to hear it was so brutal. It really does take a lot out of you when that happens. To get sick on top of it really stinks (hopefully that is clean enough to get past the forum police - I could have been much more graphic than that. Afterall, I was a Marine and we learned how to use LOTS of adjectives and adverbs in the Marine Corps. Well, now that I think of it, we didn't use LOTS of them, just a few of them in LOTS of different ways).

·
Junior Charter Member
791 Posts
Hey AJ, how did you enjoy the food and sites? I had sent you some suggestions when you first posted about coming to N'awlins. I just looked, my uncle lives in Westfield, his sons (cousins) live in Monroe (Sussex?) and Fanwood... so give up we've got you surrounded! My sister lives in N.Y. somewhere near Central Park I think (really need to visit her) but refuses to visit the relatives in NJ! says, "what if my friends find out I was in Jersey?" Hope you enjoyed the crawfish at least! Did you bring a King Cake back with you? watch out for the baby. Jon

·
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jon, travel problems aside, New Orleans was great. The wedding was at Rosie's Jazz Club in (or at least close to) the Garden District. We stayed at the Astor right on the corner of Canal and Bourbon, so we were right on top of the action.

Unfortunately, a lot of our food agenda was laid out for us, more than we expected, by my family. Ate at The Court of Two Sisters, and Mr. B's, and others, drank all over. All of us as a group decided to never have more than one drink in a bar, cause there were so many to choose from. We did get to Pat O'Brien's, but at that point the thought of a Hurricane was, uh, a little nauseating to me. Got to witness some down 'n dirty debauchery on Bourbon street Saturday night. :eek: Brought home gifts for each other and the neighbors that are to
to describe here!

Musically, we REALLY enjoyed the late show at Snug Harbor on Sunday night. Great town. We want to go back again and stay longer.

AJ

·
Moderator Ad Nauseum
18,585 Posts

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
never really cared for the big easy myself....from what i can remember anyway...i'm just happy there are no pictures of my trips there...i was always disappointed on what a dirty place it was...literially

1 - 8 of 8 Posts