Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the heim joints in my bumpsteer kit, and was wondering if the following specs are over kill, or sufficient for the task required:

Static Radial Load Capacity Range 15,000+ lbs.

Static Radial Load Capacity (15,000+ lbs.) 17,955 lbs.
mcmaster has joints in various strengths, including self lubing, and Kevlar lined and sealed. The ones listed above are around $25.00 each
TIA, John

·
NOT a self proclaimed Craftsman
1,189 Posts
All rod ends of that size are going to be within a small window of capacity. You'll be fine with those.

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
You might want to be sure that they have enough ball angulation range so that they don't run out of angular travel at max droop or compression.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,710 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the capacity specs.Any in that size will probably do the job. BUT,do buy the expensive lined and sealed units.They seem to have a much longer life w/o developing that .001-.002 inch slop that would drive you nuts in the steering.

·
944 Posts
On Edit: Craig beat me to it! :mad: ;)

If your interested, we carry QA1 rod ends of various sizes. I believe the size your looking for would be a 5/8" bore, 5/8" shank, and either right hand or left hand depending on your bumpsteer kit. Those are $14.99 plus shipping and are chrome moly steel and teflon lined. The link is below.
http://www.vpmcobras.com/rodends.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts