Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a Heidt's valve and a March P304 (GM Saginaw)Power Steering Pump with internal reservoir on a Windsor small block.

Has anyone else done this? Any information on March pulley kit part #'s to make this setup work would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone???

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please don't tell me I'm the first one to attempt this.....GULP!!

·
Premium Member
5,825 Posts
Chris,

Just curious as to why you would want to go through this exercise?

What does the GM pump offer that you can't get from a more conventional setup?

Sean

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sean:

Just going through some old posts and found that I had not answered your question. Sorry about that.

Can't remember where I read it, but I had found an article awhile back that said the Heidt's valve works better with the higher pressure GM Saginaw style pump - I bought the March P304 version and the corresponding bracket to mate it to a small block Ford serpentine (CCW water pump) setup. The article also stated that the Ford PS rack will work with either the Ford or GM PS Pump.

Will likely be mounting all the pulleys, brackets, alternator, PS pump etc. next weekend.

By the way, I initially bought the wrong March kit - first big (read expensive) mistake.

Can anyone out there confirm or deny what I read about using the Heidt's valve on a GM vs. Ford style pump. Interested in your comments and wondering if I've wasted another bunch of bucks on stuff I don't need.....

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dan:

Although there's nothing here about the Heidt's valve operating better with a GM pump than with a Ford one, the link to the Billet Specialties Flow Control Valve is great.

Thank you for the link.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts