Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have coupe #500, one of the earlier tube frame ones. My issue is when I sit still in traffic it does a pretty good job of getting hot, going up over 215 and rising. If I am doing 20 or more, there isn't much of an issue. Has any made a fan shroud that will work with the factory parts, one needing just an install and not modifications for fitment? And if that's not an option, how would running a pair of auxiliary pusher fans in front of the radiator sound? More volume would help, I would think. Anyone do this? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
To answer you question about a plug in place Fan Shroud, No. Everyone builds their Car to match their expectations. The installation of the Radiator aluminum has been a hot topic "forever" But building a Fan Shroud that will fit 'your car' is really easy. If you can bend poster paper, you can fabricate a Shroud!

·
Registered
3,601 Posts

Made my own as mentioned above, but also closed of the top area to deflect more air into the rad vs also allowing air over the top.
I mounted the fan inside of the shroud due to space constraints, but others have mounted it on the outside.
Anothe roption is to replace the fan with a higher CFM one or even dual fans.

HTH,

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts