Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
144 Posts
thats a good price but be careful,,,,it looks like it draws freash air from the motor compartment,,which isn't a big deal for an open air roadster,,but if you put a top on later it
could be a real hazzard,,,,I bought a Vintage air heater/defroster that draws air from behind the dash and has a very clean look on the firewall.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I also bought the compact unit from Vintage Air, but the model number 50515-VUH. I split the blower from the heater core and placed theblower behind the dash and the heater core on the engine side.

This does a number of things:
1) It allows more space behind the dash for the glove box.
2) Prevented drawing air form the engine bay.
3) Incase the heater core was to leak it wouldn't leak in the interior.

Dark Water customs is making the heater core box to replace the cheap plastic one. Just my personal preference.
Keep in mind, I'm mounting the blower near centerline and using Autometer gauges in standard FFR layout. There will be some modifications to the gauges, like cutting off unneeded threads on the gauge mounting screws and using thinner nuts to give more clearance between the gauge and the blower.

I will have pictures in a week to show what it looks like all together.

Robert

·
Junior Charter Member
1,637 Posts
Red,
The unit gets its air from the space behind the dash where it will be installed.
Tim

·
New
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Robert, that was another concern of mine, what if the core leaked... no room to change it and what a mess! That sounds like a great idea. Thank-you Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts