Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like everyone else I've been trying to come up with a way to install my heater in such a small space. Question?? (How may CFM do you think the fan on the FF heater puts out?) I got this crazy idea of a flat type fan, like the ones in "Earl's" fresh air kit, to cut down on the area I need. Like the fresh air kit, the fan could be mountd anywhere and blow air in the heater saving a lot of room. Just need to find a strong fan. (Any one else try this?)
Thanks!!
BilBax

·
1,648 Posts
How about a Y off of Earls fresh air feed and
some sort of attachment to your radiator shroud
to use the hot air from there. And a valve in the Y to modulate between fresh air and hot air.

Shouldn't have taken all that cough medicine today.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
Talk to Rod (dv/dt). He combined Earl-like vents with little radiators fed from the car's hot water to put heat in the footboxes. Nice idea. I think it is one of the instructions in his signature line.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I'm talking about is just replacing the blower that came with the kit with a small more compact blower, I would keep the heater core so I could use the defrost and lower heater. Just looking for an inline blower that would be strong enough to push enough air.

·
The Traveler
3,100 Posts
You might check Vintage Air for their Compac Heater. The blower is mounted on top of the heater core. I have the entire assembly installed behind the dash. Enough heat to drive - with the top on - in below freezing weather and only a long sleeve shirt on! Check out the video on the FFR dvd for a few comments on the heater in my car!

·
Junior Charter Member
569 Posts
I have fabricated a heater with two bilge blowers like Rod suggested and a core from a Pontiac Firefly. Plenty of air flow, I think the blowers are 175 CFM. Fits behind the dash.

Rod has a really nice setup with individual cores for each footbox.

Andrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts