Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to remove the heater hardlines, stock 302, from the water pump and lower manifold to heater. I would use the Breeze 30198 Heater Delete ECT Elbow Fitting. What affect would this have on my stock set-up as far as not providing coolant to the EGR spacer?
Thanks, Phil

·
Been There, Broke That
1,573 Posts
Phil,

I dont know about the EGR, but I am pretty sure that the Breeze heater delete hose is designed to fit onto the hard lines. It replaces the two hoses at the back of the engine which lead from the hard line to the heater and heater to hard line return, and basically makes a u-turn from hard line back to hard line.

If you want to remove the hard lines, you can plug the hole at the right front top of the manifold or put your mechanical temp sensor in there and then cap off the return fitting on the water pump.

HTH

Tom

·
Junior Charter Member
1,224 Posts
Phil, I do not know the function of the coolant lines to the EGR but my engine builder said I could put caps on the EGR. I too wanted to remove the heater lines and I used the Breeze elbow.

·
Senior Charter Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Bob I know what you are saying, if I make the change I'll use the Breeze elbow and set the sock parts aside for possible future use. Mike, did you notice problems after you capped the EGR coolant lines? I would like to remove more engine clutter, but not at the expense of screwing somthing up. Maybe someone else could chime in here with some info regarding running the stock EFI after deleting the EGR coolant lines?
Thanks All, Phil

·
Junior Charter Member
1,224 Posts
Phil, I have only been go-carting around the neighborhood so far, so I don't have the miles behind me to say for sure. Everything seems fine so far. I have talked to so many Mustang guys and they have all said the same thing with the exception of why coolant was runnning through the EGR in first place. Hopefully the experts will chime in.

Mike

·
Junior Charter Member
364 Posts
I believe they run coolant through the EGR spacer to avoid icing of the TB under cold conditions.

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
IF you use the EGR, you'll need the coolant. If you don't - you won't. By the way, if you do use the EGR, make sure you use the solenoid as well. Connecting vaccum directly to the valve will make your manifold a very special heat treated color that won't match any paint scheme you planned on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.