Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have a Torker II lower intake that comes with the Mass-Flo system and I would like to use one of the ports in the back water channel to feed the heater.

Can I do this, or will it affect any flow through the heads and block and cause some problems?

Thanks,

Olivier

·
ff cobra master craftsman
2,783 Posts
i was wondering the same thing, i have the same set up as you and i am losing hope that i can run a heater. if you can run the temp sending unit in the top of the tstat housing you can use the hole
on the pass front of the intake. i bought a march
alt bracket and the alt now covers my edelbrock
waterpump outlet for the heater also.
someone out there must have done this?
if you can use the back of the manifold that would be great.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well.

using the tstat housing for the sensor would be not so good, because it's behind the tstat itself on the radiator side.
So, before the tstat opens you won't get the right reading to the computer... :confused:

·
Charter Member
625 Posts
Since its Chris Richards design, and he also provides a combo heater/AC unit, I'm sure he has resolved this issue already. Did you get input from him? I'll bet he has an answer to the problem.

I'm posting from a selfish basis, it sounds like I will have the same problem since I am leaning towards the same intake system and I have Chris's heater/AC system but not yet at the install stage.

·
ff cobra master craftsman
2,783 Posts
i installed the ect sensor on the driver side front of the intake, i was thinking about the water temp sensor for the guage to go in the top
of the tstat housing you have to use one of the
brass adapters that came with the manifold.
i even bought the adapter from breeze that lets you put the ect sensor in the top then have a water outlet, but it doesnt work in the torker
2 it hits one of the runners when trying to install it.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did talk to Chris and he suggested the normal installation. That's what he does in his cars.

I would prefer to have one line coming from the back of the engine, it keeps the rest cleaner with less hoses on the intake / valve covers.
Just looks cleaner to me.

Who would know if it can cause damage to a 302 engine if some of the cooling water is diverted from the back channel connecting both cylinder heads?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I connected one of my heater lines at the back of the manifold ( carbed eng ) and the heater works fine. I used powdercoated copper tubing to make it look nicer. (my opinion)

jack

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very good!

No problems with the engine? Gaskets blown, or so? ;) :D

·
Charter Member
76 Posts
Many of the manifolds don't even have a connecting channel in the back of the engine. My Edelbrock Performer RPM is blocked off on each side. Tapping into the back channel should not create any problems. Just be careful to put a 1/4" restrictor in the inlet to keep pressures down in the heater core. This was a Police Special option From FORD.
Any form of restrictor can work, just put it in the inlet side or the line from the manifold to the heater.
Enjoy
Bob

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll have a look at that.

Thanks for all the tips and answers.

Olivier

1 - 11 of 11 Posts