Factory Five Racing Forum banner

heat through door weather strip

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  odewallrus 
#1 ·
My weather strip on the lower doors is less than ideal. I am looking to take care of this in the near future while doing some additional interior customization. Anyone have interesting pictures or ways they have dealt with heat from the side pipes entering under the door or nice door sill modifications?

#2 · (Edited)

which weather stripping did you use? the one that came with the kit is so-so.

the product Mike Everson sells is perfect, seals the door totally, and gives the door a nice "professional" sound when closed.

tip: it will be in a "U" shape on the door. put a dab of black silicone in the end. let it dry completely before closing the door. this will seal the ends and keep water from filing it when washing the car. put a slit in the very bottom, just in case.

http://www.replicaparts.com/weather stripping page.htm

you are much better off with a separate "show me your door sill mods" post

this is all i could find for you:

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243960&highlight=door+sill

#3 ·
Assuming you already have some type of weather stripping on the door and still get heat....... is there a possibility the heat is coming in by the "under door aluminum".

I recently discovered that wind and water (heat is not normally an issue here) were coming in where the under door aluminum was not captured under the "u shaped" door edge.
I was able to stop it, but for years I thought it was coming in via poor door weatherstripping.

Just a thought...........

#4 ·

mariah is right, it may be coming from the under door aluminum area. if so, it's probably not coming from the sidepipes themselves, it's probably coming from the engine area. i see you only have a few posts, is the engine bay sealed off with a pool noodle like shown in my car above?

if you can't "place" the photo, it's the driver side, looking back, the area just in front of the door hinge. you can just barely see the velcro for the side gills on the right. also the screw for the side mirror.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.