Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in a pair of non-perforated side pipe heatshields for a MK4 build I'm starting in July. They will go over 4" GASN pipes. Any suggestions for a vendor? (I've seen suggestions for Drummermike, but I can't find a website.)
Thanks,
Reed Johnson

· Registered
207 Posts
I'm interested in a pair of non-perforated side pipe heatshields for a MK4 build I'm starting in July. They will go over 4" GASN pipes. Any suggestions for a vendor? (I've seen suggestions for Drummermike, but I can't find a website.)
Thanks,
Reed Johnson
This is just my opinion on what I have learned from years on a Harley heat shields are useless all you do is move the point of contact out closer, the heat shield is just a little bit cooler than the pipe it will still blister you even through a good pair socks and jeans. Mine went in the trash years ago.

· Registered
1,619 Posts
I would disagree w/ Mike. I am able to lay my bare hand on my heat shields after a long drive and they are just warm. I got a pair of polished ones from drummermike and they work/look great. .

· Senior Charter Member
3,616 Posts
98,500 miles in and Drummer Mike is still protecting us. To each his own.

Reactions: hefbadr

· Registered
805 Posts
I cant recall which heat shields I have, they are ceramic coated and I can put my hand on them after running. I put them on AFTER my wife really burned her leg bad. I dont love the look, but they do work.

Edit: I have Cobra Stuff heat shields that I had ceramic coated black

451 Posts
i have the perforated ones they arent hot after a long run either , need them so as to not get a case of snake bite from the pipes. you know how to find cobra owners in the crowd look for the round burn scars on the bottom of their legs lol
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Ac cobra

· Registered
419 Posts
Yep, Mike's heat shields help a lot.
Get them polished from Mike if you can. I got unpolished heat shields a while ago, and it was really difficult to find someone to polish them.

· Registered
207 Posts
This is just my opinion on what I have learned from years on a Harley heat shields are useless all you do is move the point of contact out closer, the heat shield is just a little bit cooler than the pipe it will still blister you even through a good pair socks and jeans. Mine went in the trash years ago.
If y'all say they work from drummer mike how do I get in touch with him?

· Registered
1,619 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts