1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyones personal favorite?

·
8,350 Posts
Trick Flow's Twisted Wedge are nice. Thats what moves FFR5004.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
GT-40 “TURBO-SWIRL” ALUMINUM CYLINDER HEADS
M-6049-Y303-TO -
Right price for good performance

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stephen, Are you going to be at breakfast tomorrow?

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
I will be building a 306 with Twisted Wedge heads. If you go with the TW heads, be sure to use the matched pistons.

2FAST

·
Former Roadster Owner
1,861 Posts
For a street 302ci engine, I'd use the AFR165's. They are 100% CNC ported and have a good reputation. I personally use the AFR 185's on my 347.--Dan

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
AFR 165s are good for the 302, 185s are good for 347 strokers and up. They come ported from the factory. http://www.airflowresearch.com/
You can pick a pair up on ebay for around 1,300.00 new. Just remember that you will have to pay around 800.00 to get this kind of porting done to other heads. Damn i wish i could sleep.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,665 Posts
Edlebrock Performers ar another great choice. Well Finished, Great power, Choice of Valve sizes and rockers, Threaded inserts for strength. ~$1000

·
Registered
584 Posts
I spent some time talking to a few diffrent engine builders, and alot of guys running mustangs at drag stips and auto crosses. The majority of the people rec. the afr 165. The cost to performance ratio from what I have read the airflow reserch are the way to go. At least I hope so. That's whats on my motor. Haven't got it started yet but hopefully in the next month or so it will roar to life. I've had it in the car for 4 months and it's killing me! Not only am I dieing to hear it run, but every month I have to spin the motor over by hand because the rings haven't been seated in yet. Good luck picking. So many mod options so liitle money!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,086 Posts
My opinion is the Trick Flow's are near the top for bang for the buck- see my signature, stock pistons/rods/crank, over 400 RWHP on a really stingy Mustang dyno with nothing too special, and a really safe (slightly rich) tune. Paid about $1050 for O-ringed heads from a local speed shop a couple years back.

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
I would be real careful when looking at that confusing graph. Some of those heads are not really meant for the street and will jeopardize your streetability.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I like the new Dart heads.
www.dartheads.com

The Trick flow and Edelbrock are very good. The Canfields are also excellent. I would probably go with Trick Flows if you have stock pistons. You'll get the greatest airflow and the most piston to valve clearance with them. You don't need the custom pistons for them unless you are planning a BIG camshaft.

I'm using ProToplines on my next motor.
www.protopline.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts