Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using the Painless chassis harness and two single throw, run of the mill switches. I'd like one switch to operate the headlights, interior lights, and running lights. The other switch should only run the high beams.

There are two constant hot wires for the headlight swithch, 928 and 959. I will use 30 amp relays for both the headlight/running lights and brights circuits.

Can I use 928 to run the headlights/running lights and use 959 just to run the high beams? I'm just worried I'll need the juice from two wires to run the headlights/running lights.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind. Randy J just informed me that two filaments can't light up at the same time.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Fedderson, not sure about the dual filaments lighting up at the same time, but my headlights are wired so that when I put the high beams on, they come on in addition to the low beams (as opposed to instead of the low beams) so it can be done... I use the diagram from WeedDoggy's website. There was a thread on this not too long ago..
Ken

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is what Chevy Cobra Randy and I came up with:

Pretty nice diagram, huh? Gotta love OpenOffice

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
Robert,

Just one small thing... your two switches should be SPST switches so they would have only two contacts.

Nice diagram!

I like that picture that you grabbed of the SPDT relay. Do they have that same diagram for the others? I remember trying to figure out what the connections were on my relays with just the numbers. Your drawing (of the SPDT relay) makes that clear as day.

Ken, I don't think it's really anything worry about too much. My point when talking to Robert was what NAGA said. There would be more heat in the light than what was designed. With a sealed beam like we have, there's little risk of anything other than premature failure. Maybe it would be fine... Who knows...

-R

[ December 29, 2004, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: ChevyCobra - Randy J. ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts