Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing the mock up wiring of my headlights and turn signals and have read numerous post recommending separating the wiring into individual weather pak fittings to facilitate removing the body without cutting the wiring. Am I missing something or has the RF Wire harness been modified? I have a 5 pin weather pak connector on each side of wire harness that is affixed to the chassis. I also have two 5 pin male connector to attach the headlights and turn signals to from the body. There are 5 wires to hook up on each side (3 for the headlights and two for the turn signals plus a ground). Once hooked up why wouldn't I be able to disconnect the weather pack connector on each side and remove the body without cutting the wires? One side would be on the body and one side on the chassis.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,844 Posts
It will work that way but if you need to remove the turn sig or head light assemblies you will need to remove wires from the light side plug. Not a big deal but easier if they are separated.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
It's six wires per side, but for some reason RF combines the ground wires, so they give you that funky white five terminal connector. True, you can unplug it for body removal, but if you need to remove JUST the headlight or JUST the parking light for service/repair, you have to unpin the connector. On the 3.1 kit I helped build we tossed 'em and did proper three pin weatherpak connectors for each light.

HTH...
Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts