Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble lining the hole in the bottom of the trim ring with the screw hole. I read in the manual where it reads "The trim ring slides down over the top of the light and is fastened at the bottom. This is a tight fit and takes some effort to line up the lower screw hole." Yes I really did read the manual. I looks like the trim ring will have to slip over the outside of the rubber trim to reach the hole and I know that is just not the way to do it. I think "some effort" is an understatement. Did you guys have this problem?

·
3,212 Posts
It takes some jiggling and some cursing. Should be a little button on top of the trim ring. Try to line that up with the opening in the rubber trim.Then rotate the chrome trim ring until you get close enough to lining up the hole on the bottom. Stick a small screwdriver or a punch in there. That usually gives you enough leverage to snap the bottom part of the ring in enough to start the screw.

·
8,350 Posts
Same as Shep. PITA, but doable.

·
Charter Member
972 Posts
I have had mide on without the screw for 5,000 miles with no problems.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Geez, mine were a piece of cake. Hmmmm. I did put a piece of masking tape beside the screw hole in the headlight bucket and put a mark opposite it with a marker pen. This kept me from losing track of where the hole was. As mentioned above, once it got it close, I just used my ice pick to align the hole and ran the screw in. Finally, don't overtighten the screw!

·
Senior Charter Member
4,270 Posts
Now would be a good time to reinforce the headlight hold-downs too if FFR hasn't upgraded them since the MKII...mine were so flimsy that just the vibration from driving would bend them and cause the headlight to rattle around! I milled a set of aluminum ones. I even had to promise the light/brake inspector that I would return to have the lights re-checked once I fixed this because the lights wouldn't hold an alignment. I used the trim ring screws, but they are a pain to line up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts