Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Roger Stine wire diet done that left about an 8" pigtail of wire for each of the lights. I'd like to get the wiring done and lights tested before the body gets back from Batman. How much wire length do I need to get to the lights? Each of the pigtails is clamped basically to the corners of the frame, so I've got 8" from each corner to start with. I'll be using a connector at each location for easy body removal.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Jeff, we already tested each wire and labeled them for each light. If you want to test them again turn on the light switch and and use a voltmeter. The wire lengths from each light is ample to reach the wiring harness.

Do yourself a favor and install the small lights in the body before putting it on the chassis. Install the horn also and push on the slide connectors. Put the headlights in after the body install.

First connect all the running lights, license lite and dash lights. Then connect and test the two upper brake lights. Last do the turn lights front and the two lower rear.

Presumably you have already run the engine.

Roger
949 275 5702 9-3pm PT

·
Senior Charter Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know you guys tested it, so I guess I really wanted to know if I needed any extra wire length. Thanks for the tips on the light installation. Batman will be installing the body with me, so I'm sure he knows the best way to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.