Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,655 Posts
If you are using unequal length shorties, they can be on. I don't know about equal length shorties. 4 into 4's ahh, that's a no.

Olli

·
Registered
300 Posts
My new, ceramic coated, FMS shorty headers required a little ball peen hammer work on a couple tubes to make the Stage 8 fasteners fit. I needed to be on a stool sitting by engine to do this. You lose that ability with engine in car. I understand that headers are notorious for having the bolts loosen. That drove me to Stage 8's and thus putting them on before installing engine.
Eddie

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
If you are running any type of shorty put them on before the install with some Stage 8 bolts.I did'nt even take the headers off when I have had pull the heads

[ November 27, 2002, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Smitty ]

·
Official Member of the Unofficial "First 500 Club"
3,007 Posts
Same deal with Flowtech 1-5/8 unequals. I used the stage 8's and did them while the motor was on the floor. I've got FMS shorties and Stage 8 bolts to do on my '88 LX Mustang, and I am sure there will be more than a few swears since the motor is still in the car.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Steve
Same deal with Flowtech 1-5/8 unequals. I used the stage 8's and did them while the motor was on the floor. I've got FMS shorties and Stage 8 bolts to do on my '88 LX Mustang, and I am sure there will be more than a few swears since the motor is still in the car.
headers + Stage 8's + in car = beers and Bandaids,Good luck.

·
Charter Member
64 Posts
Flowtech unequal shorties installed prior to dropping in the motor. No problems. Good luck!

·
Senior Charter Member
699 Posts
Dropped mine in Tues night with the unequal length MAC shorties on. I modified the crap out of the factory lifting brackets so I could use them with the shorty headers.

I LOVE my high speed grinder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.