Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,655 Posts
If you are using unequal length shorties, they can be on. I don't know about equal length shorties. 4 into 4's ahh, that's a no.

Olli

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I put my motor in sans headers. Mac unequal shorties. Having no headers allowed me to use the factory lifting brackets. Slipped the headers right in with the motor in place.
RR

·
Registered
300 Posts
My new, ceramic coated, FMS shorty headers required a little ball peen hammer work on a couple tubes to make the Stage 8 fasteners fit. I needed to be on a stool sitting by engine to do this. You lose that ability with engine in car. I understand that headers are notorious for having the bolts loosen. That drove me to Stage 8's and thus putting them on before installing engine.
Eddie

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
If you are running any type of shorty put them on before the install with some Stage 8 bolts.I did'nt even take the headers off when I have had pull the heads

[ November 27, 2002, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Smitty ]

·
Official Member of the Unofficial "First 500 Club"
3,007 Posts
Same deal with Flowtech 1-5/8 unequals. I used the stage 8's and did them while the motor was on the floor. I've got FMS shorties and Stage 8 bolts to do on my '88 LX Mustang, and I am sure there will be more than a few swears since the motor is still in the car.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Steve
Same deal with Flowtech 1-5/8 unequals. I used the stage 8's and did them while the motor was on the floor. I've got FMS shorties and Stage 8 bolts to do on my '88 LX Mustang, and I am sure there will be more than a few swears since the motor is still in the car.
headers + Stage 8's + in car = beers and Bandaids,Good luck.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,884 Posts
Just watch the steering shaft cover! The headers caught mine and scratched it good.!

·
Charter Member
64 Posts
Flowtech unequal shorties installed prior to dropping in the motor. No problems. Good luck!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
Installed my Ford ceramic coated unequal length headers after the engine was installed. Drilled and safety wired the header bolts.

·
Senior Charter Member
699 Posts
Dropped mine in Tues night with the unequal length MAC shorties on. I modified the crap out of the factory lifting brackets so I could use them with the shorty headers.

I LOVE my high speed grinder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts