Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there have an exhaust outlet flange for the FFR supplied, Hooker header for 351W? Need to cut and relocate the drivers side outlet 1" closer to the engine to get the pipe to line up properly and keep the flange from rubbing on the body.
Thanks in advance for all the suggestions to check engine alignment, motor mount installation, etc... Everything is where it should be, just need to modify the pipe slightly.:001_tongue:
Merry Christmas

· Registered
567 Posts
Just cut the one off your header and reuse it. It's not as much work as you think with a die grinder and a good carbide burr.

· Registered
247 Posts
P51,
Your post is timely. Sounds like we are dealing with the same issue. I resolved myself to cutting the flange off, shortening pipes and then rewelding flange. My big concern was damaging the coating on the header. I attached a picture of how my header is touching the body. Pulling the body out more is not an option because it causes bigger issues with the door fitment. This picture was taken with the splash panel in place. I will be taking the die grinder approach.

Todd

Attachments

2,933 Posts
yes
I have used the FFR supplied flanges several times to build custom exhaust for FFR and other brand Kits. they work well.
since the FFR flanges are based on 4 -2" dia. pipes you will have to use a ball peen to flair the ends of the tubes out to the flange for a better fit. then you will have to make the diamond between all 4 tubes out of some 14 gauge.
Later
Mark D

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Todd,

The picture you provided is exactly my situation. If I can't get a new flange, I'll grind the welds and reuse mine or get the flange from FFR as Mark suggested. Thanks everyone.

Guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.