Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body out there in the tool world make a box end wrench specifically for 7/16 header bolts? I just ground down and narrowed an old wrench. But it really needed no offset to function perfectly.

But does Snap-on, MAC, Sears etc make one?

Mike

[ November 28, 2004, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: mikiec ]

·
The Traveler
3,106 Posts
I gave up and installed stage 8 bolts! Now I can use a wrench or an allen wrench! Works much better!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
mikiec

Some specialty tools are regular tools bent or ground down. Take the box end and grind it down to make it thinner...

Any good hardware store should have grade 8 hex head allen bolts for pennies. Grade 8 will hold the headers just fine...

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Stage8 - :D

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
ARP NASCAR spec 12 point header bolts. Safety wired, and will never come out. Also gives the proper amount of "bling"

·
We don't need no stinkin stitches
1,450 Posts
Fine bling there. That looks kick a$$. I love it.
Im never gonna finish this car :D

·
7,718 Posts
My trouble with the 4into4 headers is I can't get a socket on the bolts! With the bolts supplied by FFR, there isn't any room and I have to use an open end wrench to tighten them. Are the 12 point bolt heads smaller?

Ray

·
Premium Member
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ray,

I had to change out the gasket, leaking. That was my problem. My ground down wrench did the trick.

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Are the 12 point bolt heads smaller?
The 12 point bolts are 3/8", and require a 12 point box end or line wrench. I use a cut down box end. The headers in the photo above are 1 3/4" and they can be a chore to install.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,399 Posts
Snap-On 7/16 angle open end wrench. I don't think anyone else makes one, so be ready with $20 or so. Fit's right in, and the quality of the steel let's you really bear down if necessary.
Marc A

·
Charter Member
1,328 Posts
I use a "crows foot" wrench which goes on the end of a 3/8" extension. It was the ONLY way i could get to some of the bolts on my 4n4's. It is also the only thing I've ever used the "crows foot" wrench for in the 15 years I've owned it, glad I never through them out!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts