Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Late-breaking news! QSL and Mrs QSL won an award! BEST ROADSTER! Congratulations Mike and Julie!

Just got back from the Pier. Here are some random images. . . . sorry I don't recall most of your names - so if you recognize your car in these photos, let me know, so I can give ya credit for something I liked, and will steal your idea!

More images and words are posted on my WordPress site. . .

wayneyoshidakh6wz | Amateur Radio, Serious BBQ, Maker Projects, Factory Five Racing Type 65 Coupe Project

I got Dave's and Karen's autograph on my new "signature plate" that I will mount on the passenger side of the dashboard - you know, the big blank space that really needs "something" on there. . .

What's this hole for? I saw this on several Roadsters

I love this Roadster! Reminds me of the "Visible" series plastic models!

Some great switch labels! Who sells these?

Color schemes

·
USN SEABEES RETIRED.
1,800 Posts
Had a blast this year. Great seeing old friends and making new ones. Finally able to put faces to names, lol.
Jim and Diane, happy to know my insurance agents are SPEED FREAKS. Let's not wait another year to see each other, huh?

Ray and Jodi, great seeing you guys again.

Yellow '33 is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Sorry I missed it this year.

Thanks for the photos, checking them from my phone at a wedding in Austin

Can't wait to see photos from the racetrack tomorrow!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hole in the side pipe (of the red Challenge car) is used to attached a supertrapp muffler to meet sound requirements at Laguna Seca!

Had a great time at the HB show. What great weather and had a chance to hang out with a lot of fellow owners.

·
Junior Charter Member
661 Posts
Track day

Had to leave early but good seeing everyone again and here are a few pics and a short video of everyone taking off on the parade lap,

Marty close your door, lol

video of parade lap

Enjoy, Ryan

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Hey Ryan, Thanks for posting the photos and video. I'm going to work on keep that darn drivers door closed, It happend twice. I always leave my door open when putting on my belts and helmet and just forgot to close it.

What a blast today, thanks to Erick and FFR for putting this on. Great time.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Behind the fence at Track Day

Yes indeed, it was a very fun day for FFRs in Riverside. Adams Motorsports Park gave many "first-time-on-the-track" car owners an addicting taste of road racing and what the adrenalin rush from our cars can really feel like. Tim Peters, a newbie to FFR and track days, is hooked and will surely be seen at future track events. Dave Smith couldn't have been more gracious and "one of us" today. The CEO of FFR stayed in Wareham this weekend and the car junkie of the company brought his roadster to So.Calif. and had a great time with us like-minded souls. His special day made mine that much more.

My pics didn't turn out as good as Ryan's but here are a couple of candid shots as my contribution.

First Pic: Erik Hansen (in red shirt) who planned, coordinated, and put on a great event, is pictured here directing a participant to the nearest portable toilet. Way to Go Erik!

Second Pic: This picture explains why Marty left his car door open today, he was asleep on the line while waiting to enter the track. Marty, you might want to reconsider your choice of race helmets if you want to run with NASA at future track events.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ryan -
Thanks for posting track day pics - I wasn't able to go to that event. Gotta do it next year. Oh. Wait. I need to finish the car first. . .

-wayne

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Supertrapp muffler for Laguna Seca

Hole in the side pipe (of the red Challenge car) is used to attached a supertrapp muffler to meet sound requirements at Laguna Seca!

Had a great time at the HB show. What great weather and had a chance to hang out with a lot of fellow owners.
Thanks ! !

·
983 Posts
Too many peopole to thank and it was an honor to be part of your Coupe build. The Red, White, and Blue Coupes that Karen Salvaggio organized were amazing on the Peir Plaza. I had an absolute BLAST at the autocross. Marty "styled" huge with the open door drifting show... This event is my very favorite event in the FFR year, even more than the Open House! It is so much fun to be "home" in HB and I owe so much to so many!

Great pix and we're writing the event post today!

Dave Smith
President

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
sad i missed it, but i look forward to more track photos and videos.

:icon23: :icon23: :icon23:

·
Charter Member
4,717 Posts
A suggestion for next year:

Either have it entirely at the pier OR on Main Street. The two venues split up the participants into two different locations. The crowd at Main Street was tremendous, as everyone heading to the beach walks down Main Street by all the cars. The band was on Main Street and the music at the pier was barely audible because the participants requested Mike to turn the speakers toward the street.

If you want the show to attract and be seen by literally everyone going to the beach at Huntington, have it on Main Street. The crowds were very respectful of the cars that were parked there. If its going to be mostly a gathering of FFR owners without a lot of public attendance, then stick to the pier.

I admit I was a bit nervous about leaving my car next to the band and so close to the restaurants where all the cyclists lean their bikes, but when I got back to the car after the awards, I only found one hand print on the front fender.

I vote for having the show on Main Street next year if everything will fit. If not, the pier is a good second choice.

·
Junior Charter Member
294 Posts
What a fun time. I know there's a LOT of work that goes into putting an event like this together. We appreciate it and want to give a big Thank You to FFR and the many people that worked hard to make it happen!!!

And a special Thank You to the person who left our 1st Place trophy in our coupe. The wife and I were enjoying a beer, music, and lost track of time and missed the awards altogether!

Already looking forward to next year!!!

Fernando - Coupe #314

·
983 Posts
Fernando! Great job on your car!

I have a planning conference call this Friday morning for next year. We will definitely bring the entire fleet of FFR's onto Main street. The town of HB is super happy with the FFR customers. This is a class event and a great way to share time with the west coast FFR crew! I have a feeling that next year will see twice the crowds, twice the cars, and twice the fun (if that is possible).

Dave Smith
President

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
What a fun time. I know there's a LOT of work that goes into putting an event like this together. We appreciate it and want to give a big Thank You to FFR and the many people that worked hard to make it happen!!!

And a special Thank You to the person who left our 1st Place trophy in our coupe. The wife and I were enjoying a beer, music, and lost track of time and missed the awards altogether!

Already looking forward to next year!!!

Fernando - Coupe #314
Congrats Fernando, your car is amazing. But don't get used to it, when coupie is done, Julie is stealing that title from ya! LOL.... Great meeting you!!

·
983 Posts
I spent the week catching up from the big HB show and now getting ready for our Annual Open House this June 15.

This morning we are having a planning commitee teleconference to write the outline for next year. I'll post separately, but any ideas that you guys have are totally welcome.

Dave Smith

1 - 17 of 17 Posts