Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay....I have everything hooked up. Blinkers, headlights, marker lights all work properly. Can't find the correct switch I need for the hazard lights. I have the Ron Francis wiring kit with the pink hazard light wire. What I need is a switch with three posts (left, right and pink power wire) all of which will be "open" until the switch is activated, then all need to "close" to each other. I believe this would be a single throw 3 three pole switch. Does anyone know where I can find such a thing or am I missing something???

·
Official OLD GUY
3,877 Posts
hazards for the RF harness

I believe you'll need a DPST switch, available at any RatShack store.

The six post switch mentioned above is a DPDT switch, hence the use of only four terminals to make it work
Doc :beerchug:

·
Registered
443 Posts

·
Not a waxer
12,092 Posts
Yep, here's words to go along with the photo linked above.

For the hazards you use a DPST ON/OFF toggle. It will have two terminals on each end. On one end connect the pink feed wire to each terminal. On the other end connect the light blue right front turn wire to one terminal and connect the dark green left front turn wire to the other terminal:

Cheers,
Jeff

·
Registered
443 Posts
thanks Jeff, thats how I wanted to post it, but im computer dumb:confused1:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Sorry for the thread high jack but I have wondered why more people don't use a Volkswagen hazard switch or one like it. Here is what I used and put it in the dash support. It is easy to wire and eliminates the need for two flasher relays.

Norm

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Here is the wiring diagram for that switch. For some reason I can only attach one image at a time with my IPad.

Norm

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.